Chimes Israel is a nonprofit organization, working to improve the quality of life of individuals with special needs, by developing and providing a variety of high quality professional services.
For over 20 years, Chimes Israel has been the leader in providing exceptional support and rehabilitation services to people with special needs of all ages, from newborns to seniors, with intellectual, developmental and mental disabilities, regardless of race, nationality or religion.
Opening in 1991 with just one sheltered workshop in Tel Aviv, serving 80 adults with special needs, Chimes Israel expanded its services and today offers over 1,400 clients and their families a continuum of services in more than twenty facilities and programs and employs close to 580 full and part-time staff and 170 volunteers.
Among our services are:
- Rehabilitative Daycare Centers for Infants and Toddlers with Developmental Delays
- Rehabilitative Kindergarten and School for Children with Special Needs
- Afterschool Programs for Children with Special Needs
- Sheltered Workshops for Adults with Intellectual and Various Disabilities
- Supported Employment for Adults with Intellectual Disabilities
- Supported Employment for Adults with Mental Illness
- Rehabilitation and Nursing Daycare Centers for Adults with Special Needs
- Social Club for Adults with Intellectual Disabilities
- Social Club for Adults with Mental Illness
- Supportive Community for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities residing independently in the community.
Chimes Israel works under the supervision of the Ministry of Welfare, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Health and in close cooperation with local municipalities, National Insurance, Shalem Fund and many other partners. Chimes Israel is proud to be the recipient of Midot’s Seal of Effectiveness and Impact.
We at Chimes Israel believe that individuals with special needs have the right and ability to live a life of dignity and independence while being active participants in the community and developing to their fullest potential. In order to achieve this Chimes Israel strives to be the leader in program development for individuals with special needs and provide high quality individually customized services.
To watch the Chimes Israel Introduction movie, click here