Chimes’ “Achikam” Sheltered Workshop Tel Aviv-Jaffa
Manager: Liora Gerafi-Arma
Chimes’ “Achikam” Sheltered Workshop is located in the Rubenenko building in Ramat HaChayal; a multi-service center for people with special needs.
Chimes’ “Achikam” Center provides services to approximately 140 adults (aged 21 and over) who have mild to moderate developmental and intellectual disabilities. Achikam was the first sheltered workshop operated by Chimes Israel since the start of its operations in 1991.
The Sheltered Workshop offers employment services tailored to clients who function at various levels, including:
- A unit providing occupation to people whose disabilities leave them housebound and unable to get to the center;
- A unit for pre-employment;
- A unit for seniors;
- Diverse and creative employment workshops;
- A vocational training program at Ichilov Hospital;
- Job placement and supportive employment in the normative workplace.
At Chimes’ “Achikam” Sheltered Workshop, clients are also offered educational and enrichment activities, such as: Holiday parties, participation in ceremonies marking significant events, sports and fitness activities, etc.
The team at the “Achikam” Sheltered Workshop includes: The manager, a coordinator of programs for advancement, a treatment unit, occupational therapists, para-medical professionals, therapists, a secretary and volunteers.
A number of special programs operate at the Sheltered Workshop:
- Integrating graduates with intellectual and development disabilities from special education schools in a program to prepare them for a life as employed adults,
- A program exposing youth volunteers from a neighboring school to the world of people with disabilities and how to integrate them into the “normative” community.
- Integrating adults with autism in sheltered employment workshops.
Sundays through Thursdays from 7:30-15:30.
Rechov HaArad 13, Tel Aviv 69710